Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's a new year and I am cruising around my house! I am fairly proficient at walking now. In fact, I am sporting my official, "unofficial", Olympic gold medal around my neck as I trek around the place. Oh yeah baby, I am mobile to the extreme and loving it. This walking stuff is way cool. No more crawling around and getting outpaced by snails or sloths. No more being the only little kid at school that can't dunk the ball in the mini-hoop. No sir, not me. I am a giant among giant, or at least baby midgets. lol.

I feel so happy everyday too. I am able to run up to Mom and Dad and tackle them, or pretend I am a monster and grab their legs, or jump on their backs. I love being vertical!

I also love food! You name it, I love it. This food stuff ROCKS! Such delectable choices and tastes overflow at my place, due to my parents excellent culinary skills and palates. Even my oldest sister Savannah has started to cook for me every Friday evening. Yahoo! I am in Heaven, and my meal plates are the angels that carry the blessed morsels of tasty goodness to the table.

I am so glad to participate in games and fun activities with my brother Mark and my three sisters Savannah, Nalana, and Janae. They are always doing something to keep themselves busy. I just happen to assist them in achieving that task, (snicker). Often times I allow them to have me around, other times, for reasons I cannot fathom, they are closing their doors and telling mom to come and get me? It couldn't be that my diaper is sort of squishy could it? Or I just destroyed the Lego fort that took them the past two hours to construct? Nah, I know if they didn't want it torn down they wouldn't have built it right? (snicker again)

It is so nice to have mobility at my church class on Sunday. I love learning about Jesus, especially when they give me snacks such as grapes, berries of all sorts, crackers, and bananas on occasion. Then I join in on singing songs, the best I can with my trachea tube still sticking out of my throat. So glad when that thing will be gone, hopefully this coming year. I do love singing though. The tunes are in my head always as I am inundated by the children's songs at church and home. They are quite enjoyable to sing, hear, listen to, and even dance to. (big smile)

I am loving life and so look forward to being poked less as I still have many doctors appointments and blood draws. OUCH! That hurts already! Dad and Mom tell me that I still need some surgeries, but not yet. I guess I'll just keep on keeping on. And enjoy everyday as they come. Today is a gift, that is why we call it the present! God bless and be with you until next time. This is Jared signing off, peace and doughnuts!

No comments: